In late January, Q105 program director Ted Cannarozzi was an unexpected special guest during a segment of the MJ Morning Show’s “Truth Booth.” Normally hosted by Hal Herman (a.k.a. Froggy), this edition was presided over by Wink Tinklecrotch (a.k.a. Fester). The segment involves the host asking one or more members of the show or their relatives uncomfortable questions which they must answer by telling the truth.
During this particular segment, Ted (a.k.a. “the “well” man) was pretty truthful in his responses about the morning show crew as well as its future on WRBQ-FM. Here is a recap of how Ted responded to the questions from Wink:
1. What was your biggest reservation about signing the MJ Morning Show to Q105 and bringing back the program to the Tampa Bay airwaves in 2020?
“I was worried if it would work or not because it was such a departure from what was on mornings before with Mason. You know, you guys do a totally diferent kind of show. I had also heard that MJ was difficult to work with. I will say that he has been surprisingly better to work with than I expected.”
2. Of all the cast members of the MJ Morning Show, who is your favorite?
“This is kind of a toss-up, but I think I’m going to say Coop. Roxanne is my favorite in a way, but I think the show would fall apart without Coop.”
3. Which member of the MJ Morning Show would you “give the axe to” if there happen to be budget cuts in 2022?
“Even though this goes against my last answer, I’m gonna say Coop. My reasoning is that he has the least exposure on the show among the cast members, and he’s young and he’ll bounce back from it the quickest.”
4. In your years as a “hot rockin’ DJ,” how many radio station groupies have you shown the “inside of the radio van” to?
“None, but I did end up marrying the sales assistant at 98 Rock.”
5. What do you like the least or what annoys you most about MJ?
“It’s the nightly 6:30 p.m. calls he has made to me at his convenience and when I’m still working at the station. And he calls me while he’s walking two loud dogs, huffing and puffing and grilling me with questions on about 30 subjects.”
6. A year from now after the show’s contract expires in October of 2022, will the MJ Morning Show still be airing on Q105?
“[Awkward pause]…I hope so. Things are going very well. You know, ratings are good, and of course we want you back. This is gonna keep going. Things were a little dicey there at the beginning and we were wondering if it was the right move, but things are clicking.”
7. Which of your two bosses (Steve Triplett, the Tampa Bay VP/market manager for Beasley Media, or Travis Daily, the operations manager) do you like working with the least?
“Well, seeing as how I work most closely with Travis, I like working with Travis the most.”